About This Course
The Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security 300-209 course is an online course designed for anyone who wants to learn how to set up and use a number of Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions. These solutions are found on the Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco software routers. It is created to train engineers and security experts to take care of the emerging data security needs of the ever evolving world of technology.
With the increasing risks of data getting in the wrong hands and being misused by hackers or fraudsters, the need for more network security experts has gone higher. There is a lot of data and information shared across various network platforms and this data can fall in the wrong hands. That’s why CISCO has come up with a course, CCNP Security-300-209 SIMOS, which uses a practical approach in equipping learners to help take care of these network security challenges. This video course is structured in a way that it equips you with the right knowledge required to pass the Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS) exams to become a certified network security expert. The course comprises four exams that help gauge your understanding of VPN solutions that include Cisco site-to –site VPN, Remote Access VPN, Cisco FlexVPN and Cisco Clientless SSL VPNs.
The course implements the use of hands-on virtual labs that teach students through use of models and simulations. The student, however, is required to set up their own labs to aid them in putting what they are learning in to practice. The instructor uses models that are assembled from a scratch. As a learner, you are able to follow a step-by-step approach on how to design and deploy the CCNP security systems on Cisco ASA Firewall and Cisco IOS software routers. You will get an in-depth understanding of the practical concepts that this course is designed for. The learners are shown how wrong set-ups and configurations can affect the overall performance of a network security topology. This prepares you to pass the CCNP security certification exams as well as for the practical application of your knowledge in solving network security challenges. The training and examinations are very detailed and thorough.
The exams that you are required to do and pass to attain this CCNP certification are:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions
- Implementing Cisco Security Mobility Solutions
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions
Once you pass your exams, you obtain a certification making you an all rounded and the most sought after professional by leading institutions and companies. As a CCNP security professional you can get employment from Government institutions, Telecommunication industries and Non-Governmental organizations, among others.
At the end of this course, the learner should be able to have a proper understanding of the following:
- Basics of VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- Basics of site-to-site connectivity solutions security
- Deployment of site-to-site connectivity solutions
- Basics of Remote Access VPN
- Deployment of Remote Access VPN
- Basics of Client-less SSL VPNs
- Deployment of Secure Socket VPN
- Deployment of IOS VPN using Microsoft Server 2016
- Deployment of Cisco FlexVPN security solutions
- Deployment of Endpoint Security and Dynamic Access Policies(DAP)
Requirements for this course:
To take this course, the learner would be required to have the following:
- An understanding of Windows Operating Systems
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA) certification
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification
- An official certified CCNP security 300-209 guide book.
- Equipment: DMVPN, GETVPN and FLexVPN supporting IOS
IKEv2 supporting IOS and ASA
Examination paper design:
- The examination comprises a 90 minutes exam paper
- 65-75 questions to be done
- Multiple choice single answer questions
- Multiple choice multiple answer questions
- Fill-in-the-blank answer questions
Audience to target:
- The course is designed for anyone seeking to become certified CCNP security expert
- Network systems engineers
The CCNP security 300-209 examination is for learners who are interested in getting network security certification, as well as offering security solutions with regards to exchange of data on shared platforms like the internet.
- Systems Engineer
- Network Architect
- Technical Manager
- Security Auditor
- Computer Networking Manager
- Network Analyst
- Network Technician
Certified CCNP Security 300-209 professionals can earn an annual salary of about $165,000.